One of the biggest problems of every generation is the ‘acne’. It is a complete headache. Even after so much study and invention we still have not found a permanent cure for it. But there is sure a way to control it. Know how to treat acne with tea tree oil and stay clear.
The points discussed here:
- Bare Tea Tree Oil
- Tea Tree Oil with Witch Hazel
- Lavender and Tea Tree Oil
- Baking Soda and Tea Tree Oil
- Coconut/Almond Oil and Tea Tree Oil
- Lemon and Tea Tree Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Tea Tree
- Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil
- Calamine Lotion and Tea Tree Oil
- Tea Tree Oil Makeup Remover
- Tea Tree Oil Acne Toner
- Tea Tree Oil with Honey
- Tea Tree Oil Acne Mask
- Tea Tree Oil and Tomato Mask
- Tea Tree Oil and Activated Charcoal Cleanser
- Tea Tree Oil and Egg Whites
- Tee Tree Oil in Yogurt
- Tea Tree Oil and Sugar Scrub
- Tea Tree Oil and Rice Flour
- Tea Tree Oil in Daily Moisturizer or Cleanser
Acne is sworn enemies of skin. Nothing can stop them or banish them from the surface of the earth. But we can surely control it. And tea tree oil is a savior.
Tea tree oil is an active ingredient to treat acne, pimples, blackhead, whitehead, zit, blemishes, breakouts, and their spots. Its proper use will surely give you fantastic result.
[ Read Also: Top 10 Night Creams for Women ]
What Is Acne?
Acne is a skin condition, a disease. It is mainly the bacterial infection of skin pores that is situated under every hair follicle. It can turn into many things, a pimple, zit, blackhead, white head. There are various types of acne.
Acne happens to anyone. As you enter teenage the risk of getting acne starts. Only proper care of skin can keep it at bay.
Why Does Acne Occurs?
Acne occurs mainly when pores get clogged and inflamed. Our skin produces sebum to keep it moist. But when the production become excess it covers up the surface including the pores. Oily and sticky surface attracts more bacteria, germs, dirt, toxin, etc. They get stuck with the sebum. Pores get clogged as they get trapped inside and new sebum cannot get out. Later when it gets infected acne occurs.
The reason behind getting clogged acne, extra sebum production and inflammation are more than countable. So, let’s keep it for today and focus on using tea tree oil in curing them.
How Can Tea Tree Oil Cure Acne? Tea Tree Oil Benefits for Skin
Tea tree oil is anti-inflammatory, means it will help reduce redness, irritation, and swelling which will help shrink pimples faster, is anti-bacterial or antiseptic means it prevents infection, and is a solvent means it can break up the buildup of oil, dirt or debris clogging your pores. It is antimicrobial too meaning it is active against microbes like bacteria, virus, germs. So, you can see it actually does all the thing that can prevent acne from coming and if there is already acne on your face it will treat it.
Tea tree oil is also a great spot corrector. So, if any spot is left behind by the acne, it will diminish it and give you a clean and clear skin.
How to Treat Acne with Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is very helpful. Though it cannot be consumed but can be applied topically or add in a diffuser. Here are some ways to use it on the skin.
1. Bare Tea Tree Oil for Acne
- ½ cup water
- 3-4 drops tea tree essential oil (check it on Amazon)
- cotton pad
How to use: Add the essential oil in the water. Soak in a cotton pad and apply it to the affected area or the entire face. Leave it on for 20-25 minutes, and once it dries, apply a moisturizer. There is no need to wash this off.
Or you can directly put a few drops on the cotton pad and apply on the skin after ensuring your skin can handle undiluted tea tree essential oil.
[ Read Also: 10 DIY Ways to Prevent Hair Loss ]
2. Tea Tree Oil with Witch Hazel Dissolves Acne
- 5-6 drops of tea tree oil
- 20-40 drops of witch hazel
How to Use: Add them and apply to the skin once or twice a day with a cotton swab until the pimples go away. Or store it in a spray bottle and spritz later. No need to wash. Be careful to not overuse it.
3. Lavender and Tea Tree Oil Treats Acne
- 10 drops tea tree oil
- 10 drops lavender oil
- 1 oz. jojoba oil
How to Use: In a small bottle, add all the oils and shake well. Use a few drops of this blend on the affected area. You can leave it on overnight. Repeat this every night. You can also apply it in the morning only if you are planning to stay indoors.
4. Baking Soda and Tea Tree Oil for Acne
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2-3 drops tea tree oil
How to Use: Use enough water to make a thick paste of baking soda powder. Add the tea tree oil to this and mix well. Apply this paste to the affected area and scrub very gently. Leave it on for 2-3 minutes and then wash it off. Use this scrub twice or thrice a week.
5. Coconut/Almond Oil and Tea Tree Oil for Acne
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or almond oil (check it on Amazon)
- 2-3 drops tea tree oil
How to Use: Mix the essential oil with either of the carrier oils. Apply this blend directly to the infected area and leave it on for a few hours. Wash with lukewarm water and apply a moisturizer. Do this twice daily until the acne goes away.
6. Lemon and Tea Tree Oil Kill Acne Causing Bacteria
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4-5 drops tea tree oil
How to Use: Make a mixture out of them. Apply the mixture of the oil and lemon juice on the affected area. Leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water first and then with cool water. Repeat this twice a week. Do not use this remedy if you have sensitive skin as it is very effective. But for oily skin.
[ Read Also: 10 Best Women’s Razors for Hair Removal ]
7. Apple Cider Vinegar and Tea Tree Oil for Pimples
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 drops tea tree oil
- Cotton ball
How to Use: Mix the ingredients and apply the mixture to the acne-affected area with the cotton ball. Leave it on for 5-7 minutes and then rinse with water that is at room temperature. Apply this once every day. Once the acne clears, apply this once every 3-4 days.
This remedy can slightly sting your skin. If you are too sensitive to the stinging sensation, dilute the ACV with an equal quantity of water. For one teaspoon of ACV, add one teaspoon of water to the concoction.
8. Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil for Zits
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons fresh aloe vera gel
- 2-3 drops tea tree oil
- Cotton swab
How to Use: Mix the aloe vera gel with the oil. Using the cotton swab, apply this mixture to the acne-affected area. Wait for it to dry and soak in. Once it has dried, wash it off with lukewarm water. Apply a good moisturizer later. Repeat the procedure every day to get relief from acne.
9. Calamine Lotion and Tea Tree Oil Cure Pimples
- Calamine lotion (check it on Amazon)
- A few drops of tea tree oil
Take some calamine lotion and add a few drops of tea tree oil to it. Massage this mixture onto your entire face until it gets absorbed. Do this every night before going to bed.
10. Tea Tree Oil Makeup Remover
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 10 drops of tea tree oil
- 4-ounce sterilized glass jar with a tight-fitting lid
How to Use: Take all the ingredient in the jar and shake until they get blend well. Store in a cool dark place. Better if the jar is tinted. Saturate a cotton ball with the mix and sweep over your face to remove the makeup. Rinse well with warm water and follow up with a nice toner. This is for normal to dry skin.
11. Tea Tree Oil Acne Toner
- ¼ cup distilled water.
- 3-4 drops of tea tree oil.
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar.
- Small spray bottle
How to Use: Pour all three ingredients into the spray bottle. Insert spray nozzle. Add cap. Shake gently. It’s now ready for use. Store it in the refrigerator. You can spritz it on your face. But close your eyes from before and do it from a safe distance. Or spray the toner on a cotton ball and sweep it on the face.
12. Tea Tree Oil with Honey as Acne Medication
- Few drops of tea tree oil
- 2Tbsp of aloe
- 2Tbsp of raw organic honey (check it on Amazon)
How to Use: Mix all the ingredients and apply to the affected area. This will moisturize skin and take care of the acne scar at the same time. If you can find an empty lip balm store the rest of it. Thus, it will be easy to apply the next time. And you can carry it always.
13. Tea Tree Oil Acne Mask
- Mix 3-4 drops of tea tree oil
- 2Tbsp of green clay powder
How to Use: Add enough water in the clay to make a fine paste of it. Stir it well and add the oil. Apply the mask evenly, all over your face and neck. Leave the mask on for at least 20 minutes until the clay dries. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
14. Tea Tree Oil and Tomato Mask
- 3 drops of tea tree oil
- 1Tsp jojoba oil
- ½ of a very finely chopped tomato
How to Use: Blend the essential oil in jojoba oil then add it to the tomato. Mash it to make a puree. Apply this refreshing face mask directly to clean skin and leave on for ten minutes, before rinsing off with warm water. Pat dry.
15. Tea Tree Oil and Activated Charcoal Cleanser
- drops tea tree essential oil
- 1Tsp activated charcoal
- 1Tbsp fresh aloe vera gel
- 1Tbsp organic honey
- 1Tsp pure extra-virgin coconut oil
How to Use: Combine activated charcoal and honey in a bowl. Add coconut oil, aloe vera gel, and tea tree oil. Mix well and use it to cleanse your face. Use a motorized hand blender to thoroughly whisk the ingredients together. Transfer the mixture to a pump bottle for storage and ease of use. Squeeze some out on a cotton pad and use it to gently cleanse and wipe your face. You can use it every day. And safely store this tea tree oil face cleanser in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
16. Tea Tree Oil and Egg Whites
- 4 drops of tea tree oil
- 1 egg white
- Sterile cotton swabs
How to Use: Make a facial acne mask by adding oil to egg white. Whisk well, and apply the mask to a clean face. Leave it on for 15 minutes then rinse well with lukewarm water. Use this facial mask no more than once per week.
17. Tee Tree Oil in Yogurt
- 5 drops of tea tree oil
- ¼ cup of plain yogurt
How to Use: Add the oil to the yogurt. Apply as a mask, evenly. Wait for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water afterward.
18. Tea Tree Oil and Sugar Scrub
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of sesame/olive oil (check it on Amazon)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 10 drops of tea tree oil
How to Use: In a small bowl take all the ingredients and mix them well. Gently massage onto damp face, using circular motions, for 2-5 minutes. Wash off with warm water and pat your face dry. As both tea tree oil and honey are natural preservatives, you can make this scrub plenty and store the rest of it in a jar in a cold dry place.
19. Tea Tree Oil and Rice Flour to Scrub Off Acne
- 10 drops of tea tree oil
- 3Tbsp rice flour
- 1Tbsp honey
- ½Tbsp Epsom salt
How to Use: Take them in a glass bowl and mix well. Apply it on clean face and let it sit for 15 minutes. Then scrub off. Wash with water.
20. Tea Tree Oil in Daily Moisturizer or Cleanser
Just add a few drops of the oil in your daily cleanser and moisturizer and use it. Do not add more than necessary. A few drops are enough. Make sure it does not reach your eyes.
21. Get a Tea Tree Oil Bath
Add in few drops in your bath. It will help to clear acne from back, chest, legs and other hard to reach areas and will also keep skin very clean.
Buy Some Quality Tea Tree Oil Products for Skin Care
Tea tree oil is a very famous ingredient for skin care. Try buying them.
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser
- Oleavine Theratree Therapeutic Soap
- Asutra Premium Aromatherapy Mist
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask
- Era Organics Tea Tree Oil Face Cream
What Not to Do with Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil like all other essential oil is highly active. No essential oil is recommended to use directly on the skin. Make sure you maintain the following points.
- Always dilute it nicely.
- Do not go under the sun after using it.
- Do a patch test before, ensuring if your skin can tolerate it or not.
- When you use pure tea tree oil or less diluted tea tree oil use it only on spots and do not spread all over the face.
- Do not add too much to any other of your products. Restrain in a little addition. Like 1 drop per tablespoon of the product.
- Do not cover tea tree oil on the face with a bandage or anything. Let it air dry fast.
- Do not use it with other acne treating chemicals.
- If any reaction occurs like burning or tingling sensation, redness, drying out, stop immediately. Was with water. Apply a lot of mild moisturizers. And visit a doctor if necessary.
- Do not use it right after exercise.
Have an Acne and Spot Free Face
When you wreck your head in finding a remedy to acne, tea tree oil can not only diminish the acne or pimples but can also take care of its spot and prevent it from coming. Now as you know how to treat acne with tea tree oil hope you will not be bothered by another zit.