You do not have to break your bank to look beautiful. Nature has provided us with everything we need. We just need to open our eyes, recognize and use. Simple. Nature also has the answer to how to make your hair shinier with home remedies.
Just a change in living, adopting a few techniques, following a set of rules and having new taste will turn your life and hair for better.
Here are basic ‘known’ you need to have on how to make your hair shinier with home remedies. From the ingredients to what they do and how they do is listed below. Do not worry. The list is short and 100% proven.
In the past oil was the main ingredient to nourish hair and skin. But in recent time it lost its popularity as people got attracted towards the chemical instant-result product. Even some considered applying oil as a sign of less modern society (rubbish!). And true to say people have suffered. They paid a lot. They paid with their hair and skin, their health, appearance.
Oiling hair is a safe process which effects last a long time. Believe me or not properly oiling hair one time can live normal curly hair soft, manageable, shiny and bouncy for 4-5 days (my hair stays great, it is long, have big comprehensible, profound waves, 3B and black). Apply oil an hour or half before bath (sometimes few minutes) and then wash it off in shampoo. Lovely hair. Just lovely.
When it comes to oiling hair there is some rule that you should try to follow, you will be greatly benefited. First, heat up your oil. Comb your hair before oiling. Massage scalp and spread the oil to your tips thoroughly. Do not be too harsh.
Mix up one or two oils. But keep in mind your hair type. Do not tie buns or braid too tightly. Fingertips are the most common and useful tool to massage oil but using a cotton ball is better. Soak the ball in oil, squeeze excess amount and rub it on your scalp along the length of your hair.
Let it be on hair for some time, good amount of time. Regular oiling is good but not more than twice a week. Unless it may irritate the skin and disrupts its’ own oil production. It will also make you shampoo often which will strip off the moisture. Oily scalp will also cause breakouts. Rinse your hair with cold water, then shampoo and condition like normal. Air dry or dry with a towel wrap around it.
Some best oils options are coconut, kukui nut, almond, argan, jasmine, jojoba, olive.But there are surely more.
DIY treatments are taking up the internet and our life like wildfire. There is a DIY recipe for everything. And yes, they are pretty useful.
Following these online recipes, you can create your very own mask, conditioner, shampoo, and so on. Fill your recipe with proteins, vitamins, and anti-oxidants. They will nourish your hair, keep your scalp healthy and prevent disorders.
Some good DIY recipe ingredients are:
- Essential oils
- Vinegar (apple cider is the best choice)
- Vitamin capsules
Mix together equal parts conditioner, alcohol-free aloe vera gel, and honey. Massage it through your hair. Let it be for 5-10 minutes. Rinse out with shampoo and conditioner.
Beat two eggs very well to form a foamy texture. Add in 2Tbsp of almond oil and ½ cup of yogurt. Apply this mixture to your hair and scalp thoroughly by massaging gently. Cover with a shower cap for 30 minutes and then shampoo your hair with cool water. Never rinse your hair with hot water after using an egg mask. Hot water will boil the egg making it clogged. It will be hard to wash hair then.
Take 1 ripe avocado and 1 ripe banana. Mash them and add together. Mix in 1½Tbsp of almond oil. Massage this paste into the scalp and spread it all over hair. Cover the head with a shower cap for 30 minutes or more. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water and then shampoo.
Opt for a natural ingredient for coloring hair. Like henna or mehendi. Henna is a great dye. It is soothing too. Lemons and vinegar are great bleachers. They light your hair healthy and nice when you go out in sun with them in the hair. Or an over-night with lemon juice in hair will do too.
There are things that you should avoid. They do damage to you, your hair and environment.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate or ammonium laureth sulfate
- Keratin treatments
- Brazilian hair blowouts
- Non-organic styling chemicals
- Styling rods
- Hard water
- Wet hair
- Over-brushing and shampooing
- Applying conditioner on the scalp
Make sure of what you are putting in your hair and what you are doing to it.
4. Practice Healthy Habits
While you avoid those things you should pick up some good things as well. As you know “as you sow so shall you reap”? Healthy habits, healthy you, healthy hair.
- Trim hair after 4-8 weeks.
- Do not brush wet hair. Let it dry a bit. WIt coarse curly hair it is better when it is more than just wet. And for straight hair wait till it is dry enough.
- Brush with gentle slow strokes. If there is a knot either wet it or apply conditioner, like oil.
- Use wide teeth brushes.
- Bun or braid before bed but gently.
- The theory ‘100 brush stroke before bed’ is bogus. Over-brushing kills the hair, do split ends and worse when it is black curly hair.
- Add veggies, fruits and healthy options to your diet. And answer to all problem “Drink water”.
- Let your hair down often when you are at home.
- Covering it before bed and when you are outdoors, saves its moisture and prevents it from drying and breaking.
- Once in a while rub a bit of rose water.
- Air-dry your hair. Do not rub towel but just wrap it slightly. And if you are not in a hurry do not use the hairdryer and no way the ‘hot- air’ mode.
- Before beach or pool mix quarter cup apple cider vinegar and 3 quarters water and clean hair with it.
- You bathing time hair wash routine should follow warm water first, shampoo, conditioner, and quick cold water. Out of the bath.
- Exercise and yoga relieve stress, promotes metabolism, increase blood flow and improve body function resulting in a healthy and good looking you from hair to toe.
Lively Hair At Home
These are the basis of healthy hair. When your hair is healthy it is beautiful. It is shiny, bouncy and lively with less breakage, hair fall and split ends. Start change today so you are new you tomorrow.